Fermata Energy is pioneering vehicle-to-grid (V2G) systems. Our technology uses the battery capacity in parked electric vehicles (EVs) to provide services that make the electric grid run more efficiently and save customers money on their electric bills.
We’re at an inflection point in history with electric utilities using more green energy (wind and solar) and vehicle manufacturers projecting the rapid transition of all internal combustion vehicle sales to all electric over the next decade. Utilities need grid scale energy storage to smooth out intermittent generation and manage peak load. Parked EV batteries are the energy storage asset best positioned to provide the massive amount of energy storage required. Fermata is the company with V2G sites up and running now, saving customers money now and working to scale up deployments as fast as possible.
We're looking for a backend developer to help us build out our next generation, large scale, IoT services for V2G applications. Our solution includes remote building electric meters and EV chargers connected to our cloud platform on Amazon AWS. Software projects range from highly scalable streaming services to hardware software integration. The Fermata software development organization is a fast-paced product development team working in an agile environment.
What you’ll do:
- Develop scalable backend services
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features with an emphasis on the service architecture and how new services and pipelines fit into our broader system
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Assist with implementation of security and data protection
Need to Have Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Two plus years of experience making significant individual contributions to real-world software development using a common coding language (eg: java, scala, python)
- Understanding of software development best practices, including OOP, functional programming, version control, unit testing, integration testing, and continuous integration and delivery
- Experience developing applications on SQL and/or NoSQL databases (ex: Cassandra, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with distributed services and/or messaging systems
- Proficiency with at least one cloud platform such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Understanding of API design and best practices
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with deploying containerized applications using Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes
- Experience with various communication protocols including Modbus, SCADA, OpenADR, and OASIS
- Experience with DERs (stationary storage, solar, electric vehicle chargers, etc)
Fermata Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Fermata Energy strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employees hired are required to submit proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and associate booster vaccination on or before their start date unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.