API Product Manager
API Product Manager
APIs are at the heart of everything that Virtual Peaker does, and we are looking for an energetic and determined API Product Manager to help build the DER automation platform of the future. You will work closely with team members from across the company, e.g. Engineering, Marketing, Delivery, to design, test, and support performant APIs that maintain an excellent developer experience. You will maintain collaborative relationships with external developers in order to better understand complex use cases and guide them toward elegant solutions, and you will oversee the strategic aspects of our integrations with third party APIs.
- Monitor each stage of the API product lifecycle.
- Conduct customer discovery interviews to assess API use cases and requirements
- Assist the development teams in API development according to end-user needs.
- Help with the testing of the functionality, security, and overall performance of the APIs.
- Create documentation and training for APIs that take into account complex use cases.
- Help third party developers and SMEs integrate our APIs with their systems.
- Help create pricing for API and integration product offerings.
- Researching best practices for APIs and developer experience.
- Manage strategic aspects of our integration with third-party APIs.
- Create and manage the detailed specifications used by the Engineering team to build and maintain the APIs.
- Prioritize activities of the development team based on business and customer impact.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Previous experience in a product development or management role.
- Proven product development ability.
- Technical background with experience in software development or web technologies.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Excellent leadership skills.
Interested? Apply here!